Wednesday, April 9, 2014

5 Pregnancy Taboos

      In case my readers are not yet acquainted, I come from a very conservative country where premarital sex is the biggest taboo and not to mention unplanned pregnancy like I'm having. Even if the woman finds out she's with a child, the couple is obliged to get married and probably have a wedding before the bump becomes visible.
     So here is little old me who will be breaking the following pregnancy taboos, one step at a time.

     1. No house renovations, moving or even painting. (This is a bit of Feng Sui)
 This may not apply to most cultures but I believe in a bit of Feng Sui except I can't afford to not move houses. I'm even building my own dream house before the baby's arrival just so I can enjoy my privacy and not have other relatives nagging on what to do and not to do.

       2. No exercise during Pregnancy.
   I'm not exactly the skinniest of the bunch and there's a high risk of diabetes if a pregnant woman is overweight so I try and get 45 minutes on the elliptical since it's not advisable to run on the treadmill. I guess one should work out in moderation while trying to keep fit. Also, exercising helps a lot to prevent morning sickness. Rather than lying in bed all day if you are constantly moving the sickness will  mitigate after the first trimester!


     
3. We can't dye our hair!
   My hair stylist love my hair and it's not because it's healthy but because after three months my roots will grow up to two or three inches which means I will have to redo my roots every time there is growth. I have to dye my hair at least once every five to six months. I can afford to live without sashimi and wine for my baby's sake but not dying my hair is almost unbearable.




4. We must eat for two.
    This is a common misconception because we shouldn't gain more than 10 to 15 kg and if we are overboard, chances are the newborn will face a type 2 diabetes. We should only be eating around 200 calories more a day. The body also absorbs more nutrients from food during pregnancy where our calcium and iron absorption increases as well. How neat is that?



5. No sexy time
Since my doctor hasn't given me any order against it, I don't see why I can't (though my libido is zilch)

No comments:

Post a Comment