Friday, March 28, 2014

I Really Like Rubbing My Belly

    There's something very therapeutic when it comes to rubbing one's pregnant belly. Why do we do it? Perhaps it's my possessive nature kicking in or because I am trying to connect with the baby (in retrospect it's only an embryo). No matter what the reason is, I like it. 

    My first gynecologist appointment was last Monday on 24th March. I was such a nervous wreck, at a loss for word and would only reply when needed to. But Mr. Ng made the process of pregnancy made it seem like a piece of cake. The highlight was when I saw the scan of my tiny little egg form WITH  a heart beat as an added bonus. I suppose this is what they call a magical moment, a moment when I felt connected with this tiny pea sized baby- my pea sized possession.

    I'm just super thankful morning sickness didn't pay a visit this morning though I still felt the nausea from time to time. If anyone feels a terrible nausea the gyno should prescribe  'Metoclopramide" and should be taken 30 minutes before a meal when you feel the nausea creeping in. This tablet works like a charm! I'm just grateful for modern medication because I feel fine after taking one. 

     I also try to inhale deeply and exhale sharply a few times just to distract myself and abstain myself from being sick. It is also not advisable to stare at a computer screen or be on your smart phone too long since they can trigger it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment